A Passing Sickness

As I said yesterday, Steph and the children weren’t well. The children had actually been running low-grade fevers for a couple of days, and none of them have been eating well. Steph was feeling a lot better by suppertime, which was when my fever started. Yay.

What concerned me was that my lungs started hurting like they do when I’m coming down with something serious. My fever persisted, my lungs were painful, my breath started getting shorter, and my head became foggy. Of course, I began to wonder if I’d actually gotten the virus.

I didn’t have that much time to fret over it before bed. By that time I was aching like one does with the flu, and I had added a headache to my fever. I took stuff that ensured a night of rest and went to sleep.

I didn’t die in the night. This morning, I have no fever, but my body still aches, and my lungs are still heavy. So, I’m fighting something, but I think I’m actually coming out of the sickness. That was short and sweet, thank the Lord. We appreciate your prayers.

I feel surpisingly lethargic, and I’m annoyingly achy, like I was truly sick. Otherwise, I think another night of rest should kick it. I’ll take it.

Thanks for your concern about Lamar and Beulah. She was forced to stay in the States for the time being. For how long? No one knows. It’s all up to the virus and the governments as they combat it.

It was interesting to hear from a few of you how the virus is affecting your lives. Some of you are stranded away from home. I heard of another mom with young children who is across the border from her family, but she can’t get home either. I’m sure there’s more of that sort of thing. I would like to hear your stories.

Someone mentioned about this being part of the adventure. I remember coming across the idea once that life is easier to see as an adventure years later, but that it’s more enjoyable if you can take that view in the moment.

Rafael from town said he tried to go walking downtown today in Izcuchaca, and the police sent him back home, telling him to stay home for two weeks. They have locked up their store for now. Apparently, the lock-down is being enforced here to some degree.

Blessings on you all, wherever you happen to find yourself in your story.

The sun is out, and Dane feels like working this afternoon. Once he’s up from his nap, we’re going to try to tackle a project or two. I’ll be moving slowly. I feel like a wimp.

The children are becoming progressively excited about kids coming along. Our one doe, Barbara, is getting quite wide. I have been able to count two kids, and I think I felt three once. She complains about having to get up and down. You can keep track of their tail ligaments to give you an idea of how close to birthing they are; they lose them altogether the day of delivery. Hers are softening up, so I think we are under a month, for sure.

I would like to have better due dates for these goats, but that’s what happens when you buy them from folks who don’t track such things. That’s okay. We’ll take them as they come.

We candled the duck eggs and were happy to find thirteen live ones out of the eighteen in the incubator. Sadly, I accidentally broke the thirteenth one. I suppose you could say it was unlucky. We are expecting a dozen to hatch two weeks from today. I’ll keep you posted.

And for those of you who want one, here is a four-leaf clover. 🍀