I was not expecting anyone to show up yesterday, so we called the church in the States to listen to the message. The message was a challenge not to complain (Philippians 2:14). It may seem like there are lots of difficult things that merit complaint, but that goes against the command of the Lord. Rejoice! Rejoice! (Philippians 4:4)
It was a sunny day, so we enjoyed a short walk. After lunch, everyone else went down for naps while I prepared for an afternoon message on “Why Did Jesus Have to Die?”
The girls prepared potatoes for fries. We can eat an astonishing amount of fries for our small family. It’s nice that the girls can do all the potato cutting for Steph.
After supper, I played Simon Says and Mother May I with the children. Steph made Scandinavian Egg Coffee, which was a first. The coffee grounds are boiled with a whole egg, making the coffee smooth and less acidic. I liked it.
Since we had nothing else going, we decided to put the children to bed a little early.
Garralina has been prowling around the house the last day or two, looking to make a nest. She is only a couple days from having her babies. This morning she even climbed up inside the chimney! She refuses to use the tub Steph made for her. We’re looking forward to more kitties.
- Pray for Alicia as she recovers from the accident.
- Pray that God would send another family to live here with us.
- Pray that I could get tracts handed out.
- Pray for Esmeralda who is afraid to come to church because of Fernando.
- Pray for Rafael and Elisabet who had planned to come for Bible study.
- Pray for us as we consider a trip to Huaral.