Carnet and Covid Progress

Slow and steady wins the race, they say. If that’s the case, we are certainly a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, and we will be victorious!

We take three steps forward and two steps back. We try to do projects around the farm, we get tired, we rest. Then we try it again. At least it is only fatigue and mostly not other symptoms.

Steph seems to be doing quite a bit better today. I’ve heard hardly any coughing from her, and she was able to be up and doing. China is pretty much in the same boat.

I felt achey this morning again, but I rested in the afternoon and now feel better. I was able to do some office work both yesterday and today. I want to get outside again tomorrow.

One of the things I was trying to do was to renew Steph’s and my carnets (residency cards) electronically. It took me hours to get all the pieces together for Steph’s, but I’ll be able to use a good bit of it for my process. It took me three different attempts on the web form because it had a running timer, which I ran out twice. Both times, it would delete all my information, and I’d start over again.

That was tedious, but I did get it done. For my process, neither I nor Javier the attorney could get the web form to let me in. It says that I did not enter Peru on the date I was claiming. Javier accessed the migration website and found the date was correct, but still the carnet website wouldn’t accept.

We are both stuck. Javier isn’t sure what I need to do, but he will get back to me. If he can find a way to get the website to let me in, then it won’t take terribly long to get the renewal finished.

Once I have the renewal, Javier can request my new duplicate carnet card. That will be a big first step done. But there seems to be a chasm between here and that first step.

The GCM board let us know there are a couple families who are praying about committing to come to Peru. There seems to be serious interest, so we feel hope. We are praying fervently for those families. If they are able to come, we will feel able to stay.

My friend Rafael Roca from Puno has been suffering with tremendous pain in his foot for weeks that has kept him from walking and working. He wasn’t finding answers from doctors for awhile and was considering trying to go to the States for help. But now a doctor has said it may be gout, which his family tend to be susceptible to.

This morning he and I were able to talk over the phone awhile and pray together, which was a great encouragement to me. He is praying for healing for his foot so he can find relief from his pain. It has been a long period of suffering for him.


  • Pray that Javier and I can figure out my carnet process.
  • Pray that we can all feel better after our Covid experience.
  • Pray that other families could come to live here.
  • Pray that Rafael Roca’s foot can be healed.
The first sunflower to open
The kittens have opened their eyes.
Baking again! πŸŽ‰
Watching SeΓ±ora Lucrecia milk. She holds the bucket between her knees and squirts the milk over into it.
Seth had a nose bleed and decided to make a beard and a “musmash” with it instead of telling us.