We are stuck in Lima.

I had misunderstood the need for the baby’s Peruvian passport. I had thought we needed it only for reentry into Peru, but we also need it for leaving. Same for Walter.

Walter is no problem, but we are unsure about Willow’s passport because we do not have her physical DNI (Peruvian ID). I do not know if they will accept the process and temporary card we have.

We made it to Lima, but we might not make it to the States. This is the cost of ignorance, I suppose. So, here we wait in a hall in the airport. Someone in migraciones has all our paperwork and are reviewing the case.

We will know within an hour, they said.

Willow is apparently very upset that she wasn’t allowed through. She is throwing a grand fit, and Steph is struggling to comfort her.